Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Dark or Light Style

Powered by Blogger.

About me

Show Sidebar (Default N )

top navigation

Subscribe

Search This Blog

Home Style Widget

footer social

featured Slider

Pages

Popular Posts

Follow here!

A Lunachick Holiday: New Year Inspiration





Getting inspired for the New Year can be a daunting task. Yet, it is something that many of us desire to do. Every year we make our resolutions only to get off task a short time later. Staying motivated after the New Year is a separate post in and of itself. This post will explore ways that all you chickadees can get inspired right now. Because the truth of it is, there is no reason to wait for the New Year. If we are not living through inspiration, we are not really living at all and it is never too soon to start living the life that you desire. So keep reading and get inspired!


 
1.  Clean up and clean out.


When I say clean up, I mean literally and figuratively.  You can start by cleaning up your space. I find that a good deep cleaning always helps me to feel clearer and makes it easier for me to feel creative and inspired. I actually have a hard time working if my space is not clean. So check your counter and table tops and make sure that only the necessities are there. Clean out that desk drawer that you’ve been putting off cleaning out. Also, you could do this by cleaning out your wardrobe. Every year I try to go through my closet and donate those things that I no longer want or that no longer fit. This will clear up a lot of space to feel motivated if one if your goals is to get fit.
While you’re in the cleaning mood, now is a good time to do some virtual cleaning out. You can clean out and organize your personal and work emails and you can also clean out your friends list on social media. This is about taking the step to renew oneself and making the choice to leave negativity behind for the year. You will find that getting rid of all the unwanted junk mail and all of those “friends” that aren’t really friends will help you to have a more positive outlook. It’s a great first step to getting inspired. 

2. Redecorate.


This might seem silly, but this is also about renewing yourself for the New Year. When I take the time to put effort into my environment, it really gives something back to me. It’s like you send love out into your surroundings and receive it back tenfold. Maybe you can’t afford to buy all new furniture. You could simply rearrange what you already have and add a few new decorations here or there. It’s just about shifting the energy in you environment and making room for new, more inspired energy to come in.

3. Revolutionize your resolutions.


 Focus on habits and ideas versus specific resolutions. What I mean by this is, rather than saying “I want to lose so and so pounds by next year”, you could say “my goal is to increase my well-being by working out 3 -4 times a week and eating a healthy diet”. The resolution is still specific enough for you to get results, but if you fall behind, you are not going to get so discouraged by the number that you see on the scale that you give up on it completely. Focusing on changing habits will help you to work on your real goal without the pressure that resolutions come with. For instance, I want to learn to play the piano. My resolution will be to practice the piano for 30 minutes every week day. See how that is different than just “learn to play the piano”? It breaks the resolution down into obtainable goals. 

4. Reevaluate.

What do you really want? Where do you really want to be? Ask yourself these questions and be honest about where you actually are and where you want to be. After you’ve done this, evaluate what is keeping you in the same place. Write all of this down so that you have it to look back on. 

5. Set some Intentions and make a plan.

 After you’ve re-evaluate where you actually want to be, it is time to set some intentions for the next year. Yes, it is great to set them in your heart, but it is even better to write out what your intentions are and what your plans are for seeing them through. After you’ve done this, it is time to prioritize. What needs to be done first so that you can see that your intention is fulfilled.

 On this step, I will introduce you to the idea of an intention notebook. I started doing this a few years ago when I started getting serious about the goals that I wanted to see happen. I wanted to get into graduate school, lose weight, and start a blog. All of this has happened with the help of my notebook, which I maintain on a weekly basis. What you need is: A 3 ring binder, page separators, pens/markers. The first few pages are full of quotes that I wrote down from pinterest that keep me inspired. Whenever I’m feeling discouraged, I look back on these pages and try to remember where I started. The second tab is for my yearly goals. I write down my goals for that year and whatever plan I have to reach them. The third tab is for weekly goals. I write here anything that I need to do that week to reach my goals. The fourth tab is my gratitude journal where I, once a week, write down everything I am grateful for. The last two tabs are a monthly budget that I set for myself and also any ideas that I have- vacation, blog, and gift wise. Maintaining my journal has helped me set intentions and see them actualize.

6. Start good habits now.

What we have to realize is that if this is something important enough to be a goal next year, then it is probably important enough right now. Why wait until the New Year to start on it? What is going to change about your circumstances in those few weeks? If anything, that gives more time to create more excuses. So, start what you can now. Take those baby steps to get to your goals. Maybe your goal is to work out 4 times a week next year. You could start now by going once or twice a week. This lets you ease into it. Give yourself a head start and get going now.

7.  Read books that will inspire you. 

If you’re a reader, you could read some self-development books that will inspire you to live fully. If you’re not a reader, you could listen to audio books, podcasts or watch documentaries that will help to get you inspired. Some books I’m reading are Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert and You are a Bad Ass by Jen Sincero. I’m halfway through both and would recommend them!  

 8.  Decide to try something new.

When I’m making my goals for the New Year, I always try to include at least one thing that I have never done. This is exciting because you don’t know what the experience will be like. It gives you the opportunity to get out of your comfort zone, which can be inspiring. It also gives you something to look forward to in this year. 

9. Decide to get back into something old.

The other thing that I try to do when I’m setting my goals is to get back into something that I once loved to do that I fell out of touch with. This is exciting because you know that you love doing this particular activity and it can be exhilarating to re-experience something that you used to love. 

10. Start believing in magic 

This should be #1 on the list! If you can believe that anything is possible in this New Year, it is sure to inspire you! Imagine that everything you hope for materializes this year. It could happen! The thing that stops all of us from reaching our limitless potential is our own limiting beliefs about ourselves and the world. If we could just trust that all the good things are coming to us this year, we would live such inspired lives! So start believing. I would recommend watching/ reading The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. It might all seem like a bunch of hocus pocus, but amazing things can happen when you just believe.

I really hope this helps! Let me know in the comments what you’re looking forward to in the New Year! Also, please subscribe and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/lunachicks.org. Happy Holidays!

As Always with love,
Alli B
Sonny B
0 Comments
Share This Post :

You Might Also Like

Alli B is the voice behind lunachicks.org. She is a self-defined weird (queer) black woman who is a survivor of mental illness and childhood sexual trauma. She is a lover of people and a lover of God. Alli’s mission in life is to empower and inspire those who have gone through or who are going through any type of darkness. Her loves are her family, books, writing, movies, and football (Go Broncos!). The boring stuff: Alli received her Bachelor’s degree in Human Development and Family Studies at Colorado State University in 2013. She is now working on her Master’s degree in Transpersonal Counseling Psychology and is expected to graduate in May of 2018. Alli's goal is to work with underserved populations of women and children through private practice. Her life goals include: running a successful blog, publishing her books, and becoming a successful therapist.

Follow @SunriseSunsetBlog