Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Dark or Light Style

Powered by Blogger.

About me

Show Sidebar (Default N )

top navigation

Subscribe

Search This Blog

Home Style Widget

footer social

featured Slider

Pages

Popular Posts

Follow here!

To you, silenced girl



To the girl who is silenced.
It is time to speak. It is time to take your turn. Your voice is valuable and what you have to say is worthwhile. Your experience is worthy of attention. I know that you are scared. I know that you have been told over and over again to just be quiet, take your seat, be the good girl, be the kind girl, and to let others go ahead of you. But what I am saying to you is this: fuck that. Others will get their turn, but now is your time. You are so strong. You have endured so much. The weight of being silent has been so heavy and you have kept going in spite of that. Not to mention all the other things that you have faced. And you have faced all of this in silence. Aren’t you tired of enduring alone? I am. I’m sick of shutting up. I’m sick of stepping aside. I’m sick of giving other people their turn when no one makes sure that I get mine. What I am realizing is that, in this world, I have to take my turn for myself. No one is going to give it to me. The thing is, I am strong enough to do that. Imagine carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders for miles and miles and doing so with a piece of tape over your mouth. This is what you’ve been doing. This is what I have been doing. It’s time to take a load off. You cannot change what you’ve seen or any of the things you’ve been through, but what you can do is take your place in a world that wants to overlook you. So do it. Take your place. Use your voice. Be so loud, so noisy that NOONE can overlook you. Then, when the shame starts to creep in, look it in the face and tell it to fuck off. Because you deserve this. You’ve earned it. So take it. I challenge you. Override the fear and take that shit. 

As always with love,
Alli B
Sonny B
0 Comments
Share This Post :

You Might Also Like

Alli B is the voice behind lunachicks.org. She is a self-defined weird (queer) black woman who is a survivor of mental illness and childhood sexual trauma. She is a lover of people and a lover of God. Alli’s mission in life is to empower and inspire those who have gone through or who are going through any type of darkness. Her loves are her family, books, writing, movies, and football (Go Broncos!). The boring stuff: Alli received her Bachelor’s degree in Human Development and Family Studies at Colorado State University in 2013. She is now working on her Master’s degree in Transpersonal Counseling Psychology and is expected to graduate in May of 2018. Alli's goal is to work with underserved populations of women and children through private practice. Her life goals include: running a successful blog, publishing her books, and becoming a successful therapist.

Follow @SunriseSunsetBlog